I’m a creative, experienced, multi-purpose artist and art director
who can take projects start to finish in a variety of styles.

Good designs sell –
my designs sell out!

Friday, April 16, 2010

"Detective 2"

While I was rooting around in my box to find the woodpecker for my last post, I found the drawing of the boy doing his detective work on butterflies. This seems like a sweeter association for Illustration Friday’s word of the week, so I decided to include them both. The drawing of the boy is 4 ½” x 5”, Prismacolor pencil on cocquille paper. This is an old technique that was a way of doing a drawing on textured paper that allowed printers to shoot the art as line art instead of having to do a half-tone. In other words, by shooting it as line art, the quality was better than if it had to be broken into dots for printing.

7 comments:

  1. what beautiful, gentle expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work :D beatiful :D love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 smiles! Yay! I love getting feedback. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful! very nice. thanks for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artists need to give each other support. I appreciate it when people give it to me, so I like to spread it around :)

    ReplyDelete